Reviewing Your Will
Once you have a Will, keeping it up to date and relevant to your situation is vital. A review of your Will in relation to your current circumstances should be carried out on a regular basis - every two years is recommended.
Assurewills are able to offer to Ethical Investor Group clients a free of charge Will review service, comparing your existing Will instruction with your current family and financial circumstances, producing a summary and detailing any recommendations.
We would strongly suggest that a review is considered as a matter of urgency under any of the following circumstances:
- Your Will was produced more than 5 years ago - changes to inheritance tax rules and other legislation may not be reflected in your Will and should be considered.
- Prior to a marriage, a civil partnership or divorce - any one of these events will trigger a need to review and possibly re-write a Will.
- Following the birth of a child / grandchild - you may now need to appoint guardians, and legacies and the distribution of your estate should be reviewed.
- Following the death of a family member or friend who may be mentioned in your Will.
- At the time of retirement - an important time to review your Will.
- If there has been any significant change to your financial situation - issues such as inheritance tax may now need to be considered.
Help and Advice:
Should you have any questions or require help with reviewing your Will, Ethical Investors Group have developed a relationship with Assurewills Limited, a dedicated Will writing and estate planning company, who we are delighted to recommend. Michael Clarkson at Assurewills can be contacted as follows:
Tele: 01223 967477